Maid of Honor DutiesWritten by Samantha Taylor
Being chosen as a maid of honor is a great privilege, but it also requires a large number of responsibilities in wedding planning process. The maid of honor will likely be spending a great deal of time with best man, since their duties are often same and require them to work hand-in-hand in order for wedding to be a success. Once you have dealt with excitement of being part of wedding party and of wearing a great dress, it's time to start planning immediately. Here is a list of common duties maid of honor must fulfill:
- It is maid of honor's responsibility to shop with bride and attend all dress fittings. The maid of honor may want to help bridesmaids shop for their dresses as well.
- The maid of honor will be required to help with wedding invitations, wedding favors, flower arrangements, centerpieces or anything else at bride's request.
- A large part of maid of honor's duties requires her to throw bridal shower and bachelorette parties. The maid of honor will be responsible for planning and hosting all of these parties. If couple decides they want a stag and doe (as opposed to bachelor and bachelorette parties) maid of honor and best man will work together to plan and host event.
Bridal Shower ThemesWritten by Samantha Taylor
It is maid of honor's duty to organize bridal shower and to ensure that party is everything bride expected. The best way to ensure that everyone will have fun is to create a theme around bridal shower in which everyone can participate in. The following is a list of fun and exciting themes for bridal showers. Choose one that suits bride best:
- Lingerie Bridal Shower - The lingerie theme has become more and more popular in recent years. This type of shower is typically for a younger bride who will be comfortable with risqué nature of a lingerie bridal shower. Each guest, in lieu of bringing a traditional wedding shower gift, will bring a piece of lingerie for bride. The groom will reap benefits of a lingerie shower as well. Chances are gifts will be put to great use on honeymoon.
- Gourmet Bridal Shower - A gourmet bridal shower is perfect for brides who love to cook and sample different kinds of food. Instead of serving traditional snacks like cheese and crackers, ask each guest to bring a gourmet-related dish. Sending out invitations in shape of foods or hand deliver invitations in an apron to add a little extra pizzazz to your shower.
- Around-the-Clock Bridal Shower - This is a relatively new bridal shower theme. It requires each guest to bring a gift that bride and groom can use at a specific point throughout day. For example, on one person's invitation it might read 3pm; while on another's it may read 1am. The gifts are distributed clockwise according to hours each guest is assigned.