If they want to have success, companies should do everything they can to ensure that their SEO firm doesn’t provide lousy service. Here are 10 tips to keep in mind:
1. Be realistic. Don’t waste your time or SEO firm’s expertise by arguing about broad search terms. Don’t say you want to be in Top 10 for “e-commerce.” The SEO firm should ask: “E-commerce and what else? E-commerce consultants? Please be specific.”
2. Think long-term. If you can’t help yourself and you want broad search terms, such as “toys,” think through what it may take to pull that off. Variations on your favorite term may be best in short term. If you start looking a year or two out, then make sure there aren’t site design, programming and link popularity flaws.
3. Be open with log files. Don’t shield log files from SEO firm. Admit if your web analytics capability is poor. How can SEO firm do a good job if your host company can’t provide decent statistics, such as number of visitors from search engines and actual search terms they use?
4. Change text. If an SEO firm wants to change text, give consultant lots of room. If a graphic can be modified so words appear as text, be open-minded about change. Chances are, it won’t hurt overall look of web site. SEO professionals grit their teeth when clients say they want rankings and then resist change.
5. Don’t sit on recommendations. You may end up discouraging SEO firm you’re paying if you hire them and then fail to review their suggestions.