You've implemented online sales, now how to convince customer to buy? Here are nine tips for building a site that encourages rather than discourages online shopping.
10.Design for your target market. Find out who your potential customers are and why they come to your site. Use surveys, focus groups or usability studies to discover their preferences, patterns and requirements.
9. Identify your goals for site and introduce content accordingly. One Internet marketer tells story of erroneously marketing an automotive book as an aid to car repair when real market for his publication was new car buyers.
8. Avoid using offline marketing material on Web. Print material requires modification before it's suitable for web viewing.
7. Engage viewer with dynamic environments. Chat features, forums, solicited feedback, and database delivery of custom content go a long way.
6. Provide good navigational structure, including search capabilities for larger sites. Allow your viewers to navigate easily no matter where they entered your site. Free your sales area of links to other Internet sites. Why encourage customers to leave when you've worked so hard to attract them?
5. Test interface. A Website interface should enhance user's goals, not distract from them. Strive to meld site components (i.e. graphics, text, sound, etc.) to create a unique atmosphere and identity.