Last article I discussed why a telecommuter would benefit from starting a website, and what you should include on website. This article, I'm going to cover how to market website and basics of getting one set up.
First, I want you to read over last article in this series, if you haven't had chance to yet.
So how can you get your website in front of potential employers? There are a few ways I'm going to cover that won't cost you a dime!
• Put your link on your résumé, and submit it to free résumé databases online.
• Put your link in your cover letter when applying for jobs.
• Put your link in your signature line at forums and online groups. Also include it in emails you send out.
• Give your link to friends. Let them know to pass it on to their employers if they are hiring again.
• Optimize your website for phrases. You could use "data entry employee" for example. (You will need to make sure it's being searched for first.) This can be a technical thing, and it does take some time to learn. I would focus on other free ways I mentioned above first. If you'd like to learn more about search engine optimization, you can head over to my forums.