How do we define success? Webster’s dictionary defines success as “ attainment of wealth, favor , or eminence.” I think we would agree that Webster’s definition is quite accurate in terms of how we look at people that we perceive to be “successful”.
I would like to expand on this thinking with following 10 Principles of Success
1) Have a Dream- Create a vision for your future, no matter how big or outrageous your dream is.
2) Develop your Action Plan- Goal setting: Organize your thoughts and feelings on paper, when you do that they become more real. Tape these goals to bathroom mirror, or refrigerator, somewhere you will see them on a daily basis.
3) Control your Focus- In this day and age of “multi-tasking” you may find this principle hard to follow. However, you must remain focused on your goals if you hope to attain success. Don‘t let yourself get distracted.
4) Seek Guidance- Finding a mentor is of utmost importance! Find someone you respect and would like to learn from.
5) Practice Self-Discipline- There will be times when you will be tested, you need to stay on target, and re-focus on your goals.