How many visitors to your site *ever* return?
Not as many as you would like, I bet! It is a lot easier and less time-consuming to promote your site to people who have *already* visited. So how do you do that? Well, you could:
- Ask people to bookmark your site;
- Get people to make your site their homepage (your site had better be good!);
- Make your site next Yahoo! or Napster or Hotmail (ideal, but not too easy); or...
- Publish an ezine or newsletter!
Yes, publish a newsletter (and get people to subscribe)!
Writing a newsletter is BEST WAY to stay in touch with site visitors and existing customers. At *very least* you can remind them about your website on a regular basis. But, even better, you get a chance to develop trust between your visitors and yourself. And on faceless Internet, trust is everything!
=> VISIT THIS WEBSITE
Visit Brian Alt's Email Publishing Digest (EPDigest). This easy- to-use site has it all when it comes to email publishing. It covers important topics like list design, list management, list promotion. It discusses pros and cons of text versus HTML newsletters (and shows you how to do both). And it covers community building, newsletter advertising, and even where to get (and offer) free content,
Brian, author of several ebooks including The Insider Guide to Power Ezine Promotion, is a regular contributor to another great website http://www.ezine-tips.com , so he knows his stuff.
=> OR VISIT THESE LINKS
=> THEN PROMOTE! PROMOTE! PROMOTE!
As with your website, you need to promote your newsletter, and get people to sign-up. By all means start with your friends and family, and then try these legitimate methods (please don't send unsolicited mail - SPAM wastes everyone's time!):
* You MUST promote your newsletter on your own site
- Put newsletter sign-up form at top left or top right of as many of your pages as possible. Offer an incentive to sign-up, sell benefits of your newsletter (first notice of next sale, for instance, or chance to win something)