One of biggest mistake for job seeks is to not follow up an important interview with a thank you note to people who interviewed them. Human Resources experts note that as few as 10% of interviewees take time to say, "thank you." Let's take a look as why writing a thank you is right thing to do and list some tips on how to write one.
If you are a candidate for a particular position you need every edge possible to land a job. Writing a thank you note is important because:
1. It reinforces your interest in position.
2. A note shows your professionalism and suggests that you are organized, reliable, and efficient. It also underscores that you know how to deliver a personal touch. If your job is in customer service, companies will see note as especially advantageous.
3. It proves that you understand proper business protocol.
For two candidates of equal strength and competency, thank you note may be tiebreaker people of hiring authority will use when selecting winning candidate.
Content of Your Thank You Note
Your thank you note should mention following:
1. Reiterate your interest in position.
2. Reiterate one key point of interview. For example, if you learned that company is launching a new product line following year and you will have an important part in its launch, you could state how you will further goals of company in helping to roll out new product line.