Why are there faint areas or gaps in my print out?
* Unlikely, but your paper may need changing due to its deterioration due to its age.
* Check that type of paper you are using in your printer matches ('Media Type') setting in printer software 'Main Menu' or 'Print' dialog box.
* You may need to clean print head nozzles. These can be cleaned by employing 'Head Cleaning' utility from within printer software interface you get when you want to print or by going via 'Control Panel' (found via 'My Computer') and selecting printers section. After cleaning operations are carried out by printer, a check pattern will be printed to show that ink cartridge nozzles are clean. If there are still poor quality areas, repeat operation.
I have white horizontal lines appearing?
* You may need to clean print head nozzles - see above
* If your printer has a light flashing indicating low ink levels for a cartridge, then change it.
* Check that type of paper you are using in your printer ('Media Type') matches setting in printer software 'Main Menu' or 'Print' dialog box. The colors are not what I thought they'd be?
* Clean your print head nozzles - see above
* You've not chosen color option in your printer software interface. This has happened to me many times. By default, my printer software had black selected for all printing.