Copyright "The Quipping Queen" 2005.
CALENDAR OF ODD EVENTS - JAN. 2005 -- Eccentric events and odd occasions to celebrate in January 2005 --
**Compiled by Lady Beatrice Blitterlees and edited by Lord Earl Craboon
January is, to put it bluntly, a bit of a merry-impaired month as far as Gregorian calendar is concerned.
With ho-ho-ho season gone...things start all over again.
The origin of January comes from "Janus", god with two faces, one on front of his head, and one on back. He's guardian of gateways and of beginnings. So now we know who to blame for ridiculous New Year's resolution ritual.
Brain cell exercises aside, there are simpler if not slothful ways to get through first month of winter -- by yawning or humming not to mention less taxing titillations such as twiddling one's thumbs and wiggling one's ears.
For those who share an abiding interest in mild merriment, modest mirth and marvellous morsels of muddle -- this month has your name on it.
So, without further adieu -- here are some upcoming odd occasions to add to your "to do" list and eccentric events to celebrate on your January calendar.
Note: The funnybone-impaired should proceed with caution as excessive giggling, glad-handing, and gleams in eye are known to cause gregarious gleeful behavior which your gloom and doom family members and friends may not understand or appreciate.
JEST JANUARY EVENTS AND CELEBRATIONS
1. NATIONAL NUDE NICK DAY (in honor of Hogmany, Hogwash & Horsefeathers)
2. HOPS N' SCOTCH DAY (in honor of hung-over heffalumps)
3. BURPING, BELCHING & BREAKING WIND DAY (yup, another survival-of-the-fittest contest)
4. LITTLE LEFT OVERS DAY (dedicated to long-forgotten things in refrigerator)
5. PIN THE TAIL ON THE DONKEY DAY (a fine way to restore hope in life of Eeyores)
6. HUG A HIPPOGRIFF (a mythical beast named "Bucktooth" is waiting for you at petting zoo!)
7. CAPRICORN AWARENESS DAY (are you sure you're ready to "get someone's goat"?)
8. BROWN-NOSING DAY (this is your chance to fawn and flatter your way to success)
9. TOUCH TONE TUNE DAY(time to be creative and compose a song using your telephone keypad)
10. PET ROCK RECOGNITION DAY (in honor of boisterous boulders, scintillating stones, and ribald rocks)