Hybrid Tea RosesWritten by Ken Austin
Hybrid tea roses and original tea rose are world’s favourite roses and are available in many gorgeous colors.
- Hybrid tea roses are among most beautiful flowers in world. They are florist's rose.
- The blossoms are fantastic and each flower can have as many as 60 or more petals. You can not find a more beautiful cut flower.
- The fragrance also makes hybrid tea rose an excellent choice to give as a bouquet or to grow in your garden.
- Hybrid tea roses are different from other roses because they produce their flowers usually one bloom to a long stem rather than in clusters. Most hybrid tea roses produce flowers during entire growing season and plants grow 3 to 6 feet tall.
- Caring for hybrid tea roses is no more difficult than other roses although you do need to give them special care in colder climates. They are no more or no less pest or disease resistant than other kinds of roses.
Growing RosesWritten by Ken Austin
So you want to grow roses? They are a beautiful choice for your garden and not nearly as difficult to grow as you might think.
- Choose a rose that is easy to grow. Some choices might be ‘Sunsprite’, ‘Baby Love’, ‘The Fairy’, ‘Iceberg’, or ‘Flower Carpet’. Also check to see which roses do well in your climate. When choosing a rose think about colors and fragrance that appeals to you.
- Understand soil type and provide good drainage. Use organic matter to make your soil better for roses. Plant your roses correctly and in best place in your garden for rose’s success.
- Know how often to water and how much water to give roses. Too much water is not good so develop a watering schedule and stick to it.
- Understand how different types of water systems work. You can choose from sprinklers, an underground watering system or a drip irrigation system. It is usually good to keep water off leaves if you live in an area where rose diseases are a problem.