Copyright 2005 Rick Rakauskas
Your Breath and Your Body
If your intension is to create vitality and fitness, or maybe it's to burn fat and lean up, or maybe it's all of these things and more, and you wish too achieve lasting results, it can be of great benefit to you, to be conscious of two aspects.
I. is your breath II. is your physical body
I. Your BREATH
· Be conscious, that way you breathe, can either,
vitalise or devitalise,
both your physical body, and your vital body (also known as your aura or your etheric body). This can have a cumulative effect on both your "mental" and "emotional bodies".
Give thought to this! A vast majority of us are walking around barely breathing in enough oxygen to blow up a balloon. No wonder heavy feeling of depression is modern mans new up and coming dis-ease. Not even noticing how we are hold our breath when we exercise, eat, and yes - holding on to our breath when we talk, not to mention when we are sitting at computer or working behind a desk only exasperates problem. Breathing not only supplies oxygen, as you breathe, oxygen inhaled purifies your blood by helping removal of waste products.
Non conscious irregular breathing will severely limit processes which play a critical role in your circulatory and respiratory systems. Your heart and lungs need to work harder. Your digestion and metabolism becomes sluggish, and faster you breathe, less you are able to live a vital life.
Oxygen deficiency is a major contributor to feelings of anxiety, stress, and onset of disease process, leaving all of your organs, tissues, and cells malnourished and devitalised. All 75 Trillion of them. It is a proven scientific fact that no disease can live in a purely oxygenated state.
· Some benefits of "being conscious of your breath", are…
- Conscious rhythmic breathing, increases your rate of metabolism, which as a direct result improves digestion, and helps promote weight loss.
- Conscious rhythmic breathing, calms and steadies your mind, which as a direct result improves your focus and concentration.
- Conscious rhythmic breathing, strengthens your immune system, which as a result enables your body to live harmoniously within its environment, decreasing illness and disease.
- Conscious rhythmic breathing, gives you ability to lower or raise your blood pressure, which as a result, improves your quality of living.
- Conscious rhythmic breathing, and an imposed rhythm on everyday life, creates wellbeing, which as a result, creates space to experience, joy.
As one of our most brilliant, creative, and health conscious poets of romantic period so eloquently put it:
"He lives most life whoever breathes most air"
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning
· If it is your intention to tone up and lean up, you first of all must realise that to burn fat you need fire, and fire needs to breathe!
Three Points to Breath ~ an instruction manual, say's...
More oxygen = more fire More fire = more fuel can be burnt (fat) More fuel can be burnt = more power More power = power to shape body
This is as true to human body as it is to combustion engine. Sure you can lose weight by starving yourself, or by minimising your fluid intake, yet with every action there is sure to be a reaction. If you evaporate one litre of water that your body is holding as fluid, you may have temporarily lost a kilogram of weight on scales, yet as sure as tide will turn, so will fluid. After you have decided were it is you are going, choose best path to get there, and choose "Knowledge as your Companion". II. Your PHYSICAL BODY
· Be conscious that food you eat, can either,
vitalise or devitalise,
your physical body, which has an effect on both your mental and emotional bodies.
Give thought to this!
· Fat is GOOD, here a few reasons why...
- Fats are accessed, consumed and used in regenerative and healing process. - Fats and oils are needed to renew and build new muscle tissue.