How to Boost Traffic to Your Blog:Keyword ResearchWritten by Ryen Kim
How to use keyword research as traffic building method?
If you are serious to make money from blog, you must think about keyword before you write. And use that keyword repeatedly (more frequently than your high school English grammar teacher would say "it's a good English.") in your blog.
Why you have to use a keyword?
Using keyword in your blog is one of powerful ways to bring traffic to your blog. Why? It's simple. People search using keywords to look for information. If your blog includes those keywords, they will find your blog from search engine result page and will come to you to find information they were looking for. But is that really simple like that? Not exactly. Two things must be considered.
How to find 'niche keyword'?
- The keyword you're using must be related to your blog topic. When you're blogging about 'racing car' for example, if you use 'basketball' as a keyword, it won't help you bring traffic. Moreover, if visitor came to you to find information about 'basketball', he will leave your blog having bad impression on you because he couldn't get any relevant information from your blog.
So, rule number 1 is to use keyword related to your topic.
- Suppose you discovered high demand keyword (a keyword many people uses) related to your blog topic, does using that keyword guarantee you a lot of traffic? What if many bloggers are talking about similar topic using that keyword? If so, although many searchers use that keyword, probably they'll go to other bloggers who are ranked more highly in search engine than you.
The point is that you have to find keyword that has high demand but a few supply. In other word, you have to find 'niche keyword.'
It's two fold. First, find demand and then supply.
How to find demand of keyword?
The Monetization Method of Make Money BloggingWritten by Ryen Kim
There could be many reasons why a blogger think of blogging for money. Maybe for purpose of compensating hosting and domain registrar cost, passive income, or blogging as a full time job. When it comes to topic, "make money blogging", it doesn't matter what is your purpose. Just apply methods or programs that make money with your blog.
I found many posts on web talking about ways to make money with blogging. Among them following two articles are worth to read. As Elise Bauer clearly categorized methods in his "How to Make Money with Your Blog", ways to make money blogging are:
- placing Google Adsense
- placing affiliate program links
- placing advertisements
- placing Paypal Tip Jar for donation
To make a long story short, ways of making money with blogging can be understood with two streams.
Pay-per-click means that you earn commission whenever your reader click a link you provided. Google Adsense is best example of this scheme.
- pay-per-click scheme
- pay-per-performance scheme
Pay-per-performance means that you'll not earn any commissions just by click. You can get commission only when your reader purchase something from web site that you provided by means of a link. Most of affiliate programs, for example amazon associate program (by way affiliate program and associate program are same term), are in this scheme.