Is it time for you to change your attitude about success? Maybe...
I've found in much of my work with people on creating a better, more positive attitude towards life that many of us have a misunderstanding about success and what makes us successful.
Here are ten most common misconceptions people have about success and some thoughts about those misconceptions.
1. Some people can't be successful because of their background, education, etc.
Anybody can be successful. It's a matter of wanting to, then doing what it takes to achieve it.
2. Successful people don't make mistakes.
Successful people make mistakes just like we all do. They just don't repeat them.
3. You've got to work 60 (70, 80, 90...) hours a week to be successful.
It's not a matter of doing A LOT of something. It's more about doing right thing.
4. You'll only be a success if you play by rules.
Who makes up rules anyway? Each situation is different. Sometimes following rules is needed, other times making up your own rules is what's required.
5. If you have help along way, it's not success.