An online community could be a chat room, e-mail discussion list, discussion forum or other technologies that allow groups of people to communicate at your web site. When you have a popular online community it will increase your traffic and sales. Below are ten ways to attract people to participate in your online community.
1. Tell your visitors that you post a new, free offer every day, week or month in your online community. The free offers should be attractive to your target audience.
2. Regularly schedule experts or famous guests to participate in your online community. You could design it to be a virtual class or a question/answer session.
3. Post testimonials on your web site from people that have participated in your online community. The testimonials could be about what people have learned or liked while participating in it.
4. Don't allow blatant ads in your online communities. If people decide to visit your online community and see a ton of ads they most likely won't be back.
5. Post all benefits of participating in your online community on your web site. You could write it like you're writing an ad for a product you're selling.