There are two pillars to a successful online business. One of them is traffic and other is sales copy - text on your your website. That's what this article is about - getting more sales from your website.
(1) Format. The fastest selling websites have following format: a one-page sales letter; a single column of text occupying half screen width; and a maximum of 2 or 3 linked pages (eg. partners.html, testimonials.html, author.html etc.)
(2) Headline. This should be in font size 4 or 5 and offer a strong benefit. Writing a compelling headline is a delicate balancing act - you need to grab your readers attention but you don't want to strain their credulity. Here are some tips on writing effective headlines: http:/ utorials.findtutorials.com/read/id/28
(4) Paragraphs. Keep them short - no more than 1 or 2 sentences per paragraph. It makes your page much easier to read.
(5) Bolding and highlighting. If you emphasize certain keywords your sales page will be much more effective. It draws your readers attention to your benefits and it also breaks up monotony of text. To highlight text, use these tags: your text here
(6) Book covers. An attractive book cover will increase your sales by up to 300% - so if you don't have one, get one! Here are some websites that design book covers:
http://www.killercovers.com/ http://www.ebookwow.com/ http://www.ebook-cover-art.com/ http://www.ebookcreators.com/ http://www.dynamitecovers.com/