The vast majority of web sites are destined to fail before they are even built. Why? Because people building sites almost always put cart before horse. Actually, most don’t even include horse.
Evolution of Your Site
New sites follow a typical evolutionary process.
1. The first stage involves slaving over design of site to get just right look;
2. The second stage is publication of site;
3. Third comes first thought about how to get traffic to site;
4. Fourth, discovery of pay-per-click options;
5. Fifth, pursuit of PPC campaigns and realization of sales!;
6. Sixth, “misery stage”, occurs with realization that sales are being made at a loss!;
7. Frustration, frustration, frustration;
8. The “extinction stage” - With profitability seeming impossible, PPC campaigns are closed and site just sits there.