In part one of this two part series, we looked at first nine features that make an autoresponder an **AUTORESPONDER.** In this second part of our report, we will take a look at remaining eight features that will turn your simple autoresponder campaign into a raging sales machine. The key is choosing correct **AUTORESPONDER** company.
Here is rest of **AUTORESPONDER** necessity list
9. Pop up email capture device. Make it extremely easy for your prospects to subscribe to your newsletter, eZine, eCourse or eBook. With one click, your anonymous visitor is transformed into a valuable subscriber. Your visitor simply clicks "OK" on a pop up window and they are subscribed with no forms to fill out. This popup records visitor's real email address and eliminates hassle of finding out that SuperMan@yahoo or DonaldDuck@hotmail are subscribed to your publication.
10. Personalization. Your response rate to your email will increase 30 - 70% by personalizing your messages. People are more responsive to email that addresses them by name and doesn't look like an advertisement.
11. Easy to manage database. Your **AUTORESPONDER** should give you access to a feature rich control panel which makes it easy for you to manage your customer lists. Functions such as easy list back up, manual subscription and removal, and ability to keep separate lists in a single database, all make your life a lot simpler and save you time at end of day.
12. Simple import/export features. This is very important when you are working with lists that you have developed over a period of months or years. The ability to import and export lists to and from other sources allows you to expose your current lists to new offers quickly and easily.
13. Manual add/delete function. Since some email recipients have difficulty understanding unsubscribe function that is standard with all **AUTORESPONDERS**, you occasionally receive unsubscribe requests in your other email boxes. As a courteous, professional business owner, you need ability to remove these people from your lists manually to avoid complaints. On positive side, you also encounter visitors that ask you to subscribe them to your publication, making a manual subscribe feature a necessity.
14. Ability to send a one off message to your list or lists. Sometimes, you have information that applies to everyone on your lists. With a one off email message, you can alert all of your prospects and customers about an important event with one simple email message.