You may republish this article, but you must keep resource box and copyright at end.
How To Increase traffic and get a better rank on Google
By Tony Farrell (c) Copyright 2004
You have a business you want to promote. Youíre looking for more traffic to your web site. But, how do you get that traffic and how do you get it for nothing?
Hereís a technique I use to increase web site traffic and get a better rank on Google. But, you need your own web site first. This wonít work for your otherwise.
Having said that, even if you donít own a web site you should follow some of steps here. The reason will become very clear nearer end of this email.
What you are doing is researching for sites with a Google page rank of at least 4 and upwards that are relevant to content of your site. Then link with them and have them link back to you.
To do this set up another page on your site for purpose of including good quality links from other relevant sites.
Here's how to do it...
1. Download Alexa Toolbar and install it on your computer. Get it here: http://download.alexa.com/index.cgi?p=Dest_W_b_40_T1
2. Download Goole Toolbar and install it on your computer. Get it here: http:/ oolbar.google.com/
3. Create a "Spreadsheet" using "Excel" and create a colum for each of following...
URL, Contact Email, Owner's Name, Alexa Link Popularity, Google Rank, Contact 1, Contact 2, Contact 3, Link Accepted.
4. Go to Google Search Engine and key in a relevant keyword to your niche site.
5. When results come up, go to each site (including Google Ads that may come along with it)
6. Upon arriving at each site first thing to check for is Alexa Traffic Rank that shows up on your Alexa Toolbar. Aim for a traffic rank of 100,000 or less. Anything more than 100,000 leave site and look for another one.
7. Next, look for Google Page Rank. Aim for a PR (Page Rank) of "4" or more. Less than this leave site and look for another one.
8. If you are happy with Page Rank on Google and Traffic Rank on Alexa, then place all relevant details on spreadsheet you've created. Then move onto next site.
9. Do this until you are satisfied with number of possible contacts. You probably should aim to get 5 - 10 sites a day. Keep this up until you have reached desired number of links you want on your page.
10. Set up a page on your own site and call it something like "Partner Links".