By Catherine Franz
When stressed or blocked it is wise to make a change so that we don’t stay in that place. Yet, many times we forget some of simple things that we can do for ourselves, quickly and easily to bring our inspiration back and increase our creativity.
1. If you usually type your speech first, hand write them. Nothing compares to seeing ink mesh into paper and display what you created.
2. If you spend too much time at computer, take a break every hour. Go for a walk or just sit outside in sun. Even five minutes in a winter sun does wonders for a mood and creativity.
3. Flip through magazines or books. Their colors and ideas will give you sparks and switch your attitude. Blue and green can reduce your stress levels by 30% or more.
4. Add strong smells to room. Light scented candles around you, visit fruit isle at grocery store, or go to a store that is heavily scented. Find an orange or strawberries and smell it. Both will change a mood or create inspiration. Smells awaken your creativity. Smells trigger memories and are a great method to rekindle stories from past.
5. Go see or rent an inspirational movie. Relaxation time is important. Watch movie with a notebook and record inspiring phases or ideas that pop in.
6. Read a book on topic that stirs and sparks your creativity. Poetry can do same.
7. Look at bold and bright colors for a few minutes. These change your mood.