We all encounter those hosts and hostesses who feel it is their duty to make us eat whatever their specialty is and generate a sense of guilt if we do not flatter their creation by stuffing ourselves with it, regardless of our weight control plans and weight loss goals. Here are some nice ways to decline her offering.
For example's sake, we will use her justly famous (but horrendously caloric) cheesecake.
10 Nice Ways to Decline:
1. Thanks, but I came to enjoy your company, not your cheesecake.
2. I'll trade everything on that plate for a cup of your incomparable coffee.
3. Before I eat anything, I'd love to see your new vacation pictures.
4. This time I'm really losing weight so I can't break down, even though I know how delicious your cheesecake always is.
5. Thanks, but no thanks.
6. Thanks, but I'm on a mission - to thin-dom.
7. It looks too good to eat . . . I'd hate to spoil it.
8. I'm on a very strict diet that unfortunately bans your terrific cheesecake.
9. I already filled up on your wonderful dinner, perhaps next time.
10. Wow, that looks gorgeous but it just isn't something I'm allowed right now.
When these don't work (and they won't), bring on big guns - declinations that ensure your hostess will not continue to press you further but may actually retreat to other side of room to bug someone else.