How To Boost Traffic To Your Blog: SEO for BloggersWritten by Ryen Kim
Let search engine index your blog and let people come to your fresh blog. Though you're in World Wide Web, nobody knows you're there. You need to pull kindly those who are potentially waiting for you but don't know where your are. This objective is related to generally known as search engine optimization (SEO). It's too broad to address all. But most important things will I talk about. Though they're not all but more than enough will be covered. They are about...
- How to use keywords as a SEO technique
- What to consider when you choose blog templates
- How to construct your blog search engine friendly
- Ping your blog
How to use keywords as a SEO technique?
As long as SEO is concerned, keyword comes at front line. You have to find target keyword/keywords or niche keywords.
What to do with keyword/keywords? Please read on.....
- Enter keywords in your blog name: If you named your blog for example, "Ryen's blog", it's not a good idea in view of SEO. Instead name your blog something like "keyword blog". You need to substitute "keyword" with your "target keyword", for example "mountain bike blog", if your blog is about mountain bike.
- Enter keywords of your post in title tag: Actually most of bloggers don't need to concern about "title tag" because most of blog hosting applications such as blogger, typepad, wordpress, movable type, drupal, etc... care this for you. But you have to use keyword in your title and then they will include it in title tag for you.
- Enter keywords in meta description tag, if possible: This may be difficult for most of bloggers because most of blog hosting system don't support this. If this is your case, don't bother with this. To make it possible is almost impossible for people like me who are not techie at all. But don't worry there is other solution: care your first sentence of first paragraph.
- Enter keywords in first sentence: Nowadays many SEO experts say that most of search engines don't look meta description tag. Instead they look for few words in first sentence. So care your first sentence to include keywords, make it fit to describe your whole post and attractive.
- Repeat your keywords in your post: With this an English grammar teacher may not be happy. But as long as SEO is concerned, it's necessary: frankly to say, you have to. General rule says keyword density should be about 2-3% of whole words in your post.
You may complain "heck, how do I know keyword density." Well, you don't need to count it manually. There is a free tool to check keyword density. And actually I don't even check it all time. I just keep in mind 2-3% and check only for some posts that I think worth checking. Having this in mind, free tool is here. Type URL of your post, keyword and click "analyze" button. It'll return you keyword density of your post. If keyword density is too low, consider repeat keyword more but don't repeat too much (more than 3%)
- Use your keyword in your blog domain: This improves ranking of your blog and hence more traffic come to you. If your blog is about "anniversary gift", for example, include it in your domain name so that your blog domain looks like "anniversary-gift.yourhost.com"
- Use your keyword in link title: Many blogger don't know about this!
Which one do you think better, "anniversary gift" or "anniversary-gift.your host.com" as your link title? The former is better. The reason? Because search engines value more. So keep in mind that whenever you get link try to enter your keywords in link title.
- Enter keywords in your file name: When you save your blog, use your keyword.
How To Boost Traffic To Your Blog:How to write a better blog?Written by Ryen Kim
Sources of traffic and how to write blog that boost traffic?
Where does traffic come from? Where my readers come from?
It's essential to know sources of traffic. Then, you know where your effort should go to boost traffic to your blog.
The sources of traffic:
- Your blog itself
- Major search engines and Directory: Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL,...
- External links
First thing first. Whatever techniques or tips you hear about how to bring traffic to your blog, don't get lost foremost important thing: your blog itself!
Your blog itself should be something people like to read and like to link.
People are not waiting for you. They even don't know you. But they'll start noticing you if your posts cater their interest and they'll spread your blog to their friends. The quality of your blog is superior to any other techniques such as search engine optimization (SEO). But it seems some blogger apt to forget this yet majorities are providing good blog. This is common sense, right? Nothing new, huh?
OK, here are four tips how to make your blog attractive:
- Write something controversial,topical, and pithy. And make your blog title attractive but don't forget to include keyword in your title. The word "keyword" will appear several times in rest of post, meaning it's just important! You may want to read, Traffic to Blog:Keyword Research, to know why keywords are important and how to find keywords that brings traffic to your blog, if you haven't read. It also guides you how to find topical keywords.
- Write as frequently as possible.
If you just started new blog, write everyday. If your blog already have decent traffic, just keep on writing as frequently as you can. Both readers and search engines look for new information. You provide new information and they will come.