How Do You Become a WiFi Hotspot? WiFi is a very hot commodity worldwide...for both users & those wanting to cash in on business potential. Below you'll find some things to consider if you're one of those interested in business potential of WiFi. If you have more to add....please do.
I'll try to keep this as simple as possible.
Here's some simple ideas you should consider for becoming a WiFi Hotspot.
* To turn your business into a hotspot, you really only need 2 things:
- Hotspot Kit (which should include hardware, software, and remote monitoring) - High Speed Internet (whatever is appropriate for your situation....DSL, T1, or DS3 connectivity)
* Before you order your hotspot kit, you need to first determine what type of service you will need:
- Single Access Point OR - Multiple Access Point
The number of connection points you need is determined by amount of area that you wish to make available for wireless internet access. For example....larger hotels will require one access point per every 20 rooms (on average) while a coffee shop can adequately service their clientele with just a single access point.
* The last decision you will need to make is whether or not to bill your clients for wireless internet access. Today, more and more enterprises are offering wireless internet access as a value-added service in an effort to attract more visitors to their hotels/shops. In today's competitive environment, offering complimentary hot zones can be determining factor when customers weigh your offering against that of your competitors.