Many accident reports from consumers are proof of frequently occurring flaws in gas grills manufacturing.
Grills, especially gas grills, are an equipment to be used with caution and care, as they may just put you in danger. Most of times, fires are started by gas tanks of such grills.
No further than November 17, a fire devastated back porch of a house. It was started from a debris fire that was not completely extinguished and came dangerously close to three propane tanks for a gas grill that Robert Delphia was keeping on porch. The pressure relief valve on one of tanks activated, resulting in a loud noise that was initially described as an explosion, but tanks did not explode. Fortunately, incident ended quickly without victims or injuries, as fire was noticed and reported in an incipient stage by Police Officer on patrol.
This was a case of external ignition factor, but there are many reported cases when fire is started as a result of manufacturing flaws. Thus, although confined within manufacturing standard limitations, there are still reported cases of home accidents occurring because of manufacturing problems.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission receives reports of such accidents or malfunction cases that might endanger user, analyzes situation and may decide to recall dangerous products. These are some examples of recalled grills and their producers: