Horseracing: Basic form reading checklist/Betting guide
This is a basic form reading checklist, most of you will already have your own techniques, but hopefully it may help you take some cash from bookies in future.
If you are looking up form for a particular race there are a few things to look for first. We recommend making a checklist to use for each race you study, your checklist should have following questions:
1. Have any of horses in todays race ran over todays distance?
2. Have any been successfull at that distance? of those that have, was it recently?
3. Were any of todays horses in that race?
4. What weight did they carry?
5. When horse was successfull, was it carrying same jockey on board?
6. Is trainer on form with his other horses?
7. What was state of ground or going?(in relation to question 5)
8. Are todays conditions same as then? (in relation to question 5)
9. Are his rivals any better off at weights and have those horses ran since and improved?