Copyright 2005 Denise OBerry
Okay, so you've figured out what kind of meeting is needed, you've planned well and you have all right materials. How about meeting itself? How can you be sure meeting you've so carefully planned and prepared actually comes off as expected?
The checklist below can help you through process.
- Begin on time, clearly stating meeting objective and your intentions to stick to type, time, topic, agenda
- Obtain agreement on agenda items and times for each item
- Agenda changes must be consistent with meeting objective, type, time limits
- Consider having a time keeper, rather than letting topics exceed time limits
- Use action language to assign responsibilities -- What will be accomplished, who will accomplish it, time frames and deliverables (when and how to be accomplished)