Here's ten POWERFUL ideas to use as a guide when dealing with testimonials.
1. PICTURES Ask people if they would e-mail a picture with their testimonial. If they don't have one scanned you could have them send their picture by mail and you could scan it. This technique will give your testimonials more credibility.
2. ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES Most online testimonials you see have text signatures. You could have people mail their written signature, scan it, and upload it with their testimonial. People will feel testimonial is more official.
3. ONLINE AUDIO You could record people's testimonials with a mini tape recorder over phone, on your answering machine, or voice mail. Then you could convert recording into a online audio file and upload it to your web site. You can find more information about converting audio recording's by typing "real audio" at a search engine.
4. POSTCARDS Have people mail you their testimonial on a postcard, scan it and upload it to your web site. This will give people proof that testimonial isn't fake because it will have a post mark on it.
5. PROFILES Ask people to include a profile of themselves with their testimonial. You could just have them answer some questions like age, occupation, hobbies, favorite quote, etc. This will make your testimonials more entertaining to read.
6. HAND WRITTEN LETTERS This is similar to "electronic signature" tip. Scan and upload entire written testimonial or letter to your web site. This will give your testimonials a feel of realism.