1. Print a team's sports schedule on back. Fans will keep them handy and keep your name in front of them
2. Print a special discount offer or coupon on back. People will keep it because they intend to use coupon.
3. If you do seminars, print key principals on back. Your attendees will refer to them later and think of you.
4. Hand write on back your "unlisted" 800 number. This adds value to your card, making people keep it longer because they don't want to lose special number.
5. Make business card ad specialty: Print your company information on letter openers, CD openers, magnets, pens, highlighters, keychains, mousepads, mugs, luggage tags, and other items that people will keep because they are useful.
6. Attach a business card to an ad specialty: For example, give business card holders as a thank you gift and place your business card in as first one. Or, have your card designed as a Rolodex card
7. If you routinely give out seasonal gifts or specialties, attach your business card. Examples: candy canes at Christmas, heart shaped containers filled with candy for Valentine's Day, or even a sandwich bag of candy with a card stapled to it.
Unique Places to Put Them
8. Tuck them into product before delivery: If you are a florist, cut a hole in it and tie a ribbon around flowers and through business card. If you sell gift baskets, Tuck one inside basket before delivering it to your customer. The same goes for Mary Kay or Avon Cosmetics - place your card in bag. You've seen how some restaurants staple a menu to their bags for takeout; if you use bags, staple your card to outside of bag.
9. Send a business card in every piece of correspondence - letters, invoices, even your electric bill. Sooner or later, those cards will be used.
10. If you are crafty, incorporate them into your designs: embellish them with rubber stamps, or blend them with other art projects. You can also mount them to greeting cards you create and send to customers and prospects.
11.When mailing out information: Take a number 10 envelope, facing you and upside down. Fold envelope in thirds. When you turn it around, there is a little pocket to tuck your card in. Include it in mailing. Using a colored envelope makes presentation even more dramatic.
12. Scan your card in and use it as a graphic for when you exchange links with other websites. The other site can use your graphic as link.
13. Place them in library books as if you used them as bookmarks. Visit bookstores place them in books related to your business.
Keeping Them Handy:
14. Use them as bookmarks so you'll always have some readily available if you meet someone at school, in library, on bus, or at park where you like to read.
15. Have your spouse, family, and friends carry some of your cards with them in case they meet someone who might be interested in your product or service.