One of questions I am most often asked is how to format ezines. I always use TextPad for these, to format articles and a multitude of other email offerings. This software *fixes* hard line breaks so that everything comes out looking neat. It's a tool I would be lost without.
(You can get a free download of evaluation version here: http://www.textpad.com/ This is fully working.)
I found it a little confusing to configure at first and had to ask for instructions, so here they are for you in case you haven't found *secret* yet ...
1. From top menubar pick Configure, then Preferences
2. A box will have poped up. In there, choose Document Classes (Click little + to left of that category to expand it.)
3. Next click on word "Text" within list of choices in that section.
4. The right hand part of box should now have changed. You should see a place at bottom right there where it says "Word break at column number"
5. Click to put a tick in box to left of that statement.
6. Type 60, 65 or however many characters per line you wish in little box to right of statement. 65 is probably "industry standard". I like 60.
7. Click OK
You should now be set up correctly.
In use, there are a couple of other things you need to be aware of:
1. To make formatting work in each individual document, you need to depress (to IN position) little button that is along second to top row of menubars. It looks like a "squiggle" or an S backwards.