Lets discuss what I term as 'Muscle and Fitness -- The First Key'
In a previous article, I went through 'Three Keys To Success' in any muscle and fitness regime that you use.
Remember -- 'BE - DO - HAVE'?
If you missed this article, you can get it here... Fitness Goal
If you've read it, here's just a very quick overview of what it was about:
1. Decide what you want to HAVE. What are your goals?
2. Decide what necessary steps are, that you must DO to reach those goals.
3. Choose what you need to BE. What do you need to become in order to DO what is necessary to HAVE what you want?
If you are at all confused about this article, please re-read it, and again if necessary. You've really got to get this right so that you can succeed in anything you choose to do, including achieving any sort of success with your fitness goals.
Assuming you understand concept I've just discussed, here are ten most important steps of 'HAVE' key:
1. Get out a note pad and pen. Lets name very top of page 'Muscle and Fitness Goals'.
2. Write day and date just below title.
3. Decide what your ultimate fitness goal is. When all is said and done, what is it that you really want to have out of your Muscle and Fitness regime? What is that end result that you're trying so hard to get? Write it down.
4. It's not enough to want just one thing, because you won't feel justified in doing something well if that's all there is to it. So lets justify it. Are there other benefits that you want your training program to achieve? This is time to think. Just think about what you want.
For example, it could be to become more aerobically fit and lose weight, while increasing your lean muscle, increasing your confidence and building up your joints. Think of benefits that you'd like to have as a result of your training routine, as well as ultimate goal in '3' above. Write them down.
5. Take your time. Don't rush it. Just review what you've written so far. Is everything you want to 'HAVE' written in your note pad?
If so, great. If not, then continue to write your goals. Do this until you just can't think anymore, or until your head hurts.
6. Now just leave everything alone and go about your daily routine. Forget about what you've just written for a few days. Just give yourself a break. You can come back later on to your muscle and fitness Have key.
7. After a few days, I want you to look through what you've written. Some of you will only have a few lines done, while others may have written an essay. Either way is good. Just read it again.