Before discovery and widespread use of electricity, candles and firelight were only instruments humans could rely on to navigate after dark. But in 21st century, they are two of most effective stimuli for creating a romantic mood. And if you use a highly scented candle, you'll create an even more effective sensual experience.
Candles affect us on a number of different levels:
1. Gazing at a flame is a mesmerizing experience and relaxes both eyes and mind.
2. Because a candle throws light on a relatively small area, it creates a sense of intimacy among people basking in its glow.
3. On an emotional level, a candle induces a sense of warmth, even though it emits very little heat.
4. A candle can also capture eye through beauty of its color and design, which are enhanced by flickering flame.
5. A highly scented candle adds more pleasure to mix by stimulating olfactory senses.
You can use highly scented candles to create a romantic atmosphere during intimate evenings at home, or you can give them to special people in your life as gifts. There are so many varieties of candles now available in marketplace that you're sure to find one to suit every taste. Candle Uses:
The study of how scent affects central nervous system is centuries old. Modern day aromatherapists can evaluate a client's situation and prescribe a remedy in one short consultation. Highly scented candles can be used in same way as essential oils to change a person's frame of mind in a calm and non-threatening way.
Here are some uses for highly scented or aromatherapy candles:
a. To help a person feel calm, give them a candle scented with chamomile. b. A lavender candle will induce a feeling of serenity. c. To help someone with flagging energy, give him or her a sandalwood candle. d. To help restore a person's spirit, give a candle scented with ocean breeze.
a. Candles are often used in meditation, and suitable types include chakra candles and Feng Shui candles. b. Meditators often use an aromatherapy burner fueled by tealights or votive candles. c. Give highly scented candles to someone who enjoys taking baths by candlelight.
3. Color Therapy
a. Choose soft colors or light and neutral shades for people who love to relax. b. Give strong colored candles to people who love to celebrate.
a. Candles are regularly used in ceremonies such as christenings, birthdays, weddings and funerals.