Everything You Need To Know About Touch TypingWritten by Linda Correli
Hunt - and - peck typing vs. touch - typing
Typing is an immanent part of work for predominant number of people. It is a daily task, ability we can't go without. It is no wonder that necessity to master this skill has increased essentially in recent years. It led to emergence of considerable amount of computer courses, which were flooded with those who eagerly wished to master typing as quickly as possible. Meanwhile, popularity of courses was brought down by various computer self-tutors, which offered amazingly fast programs to master typing.
It was natural that typing skills were tried to be improved. People aimed at equalizing quality and quantity. Hence, method which combined all requirements to typing with personal approach to each user was invented and called touch-typing. Touch typing means to engage in typing without having a look at keyboard. The fingers are trained to locate keys by position.
It is an intrinsic to human beings to bring development of skills to perfection, to introduce automation to daily routine, to simplify life by all means, making it more enjoyable. Same was in case of touch - typing.
Touch-typing has become an essential, even mandatory skill these days no matter what line of work anyone does. Touch-typing is a method of typing, where typist uses sense of touch finding proper keys rather than sight. This method of typing is considered to be highly effective, as it redoubles productivity of work and allows typist to concentrate not on search of proper keys while typing but on sense of information he types. In such a way typist avoids process of continuous and time consuming proof reading and makes only some minor editing after typing. The quantity of misprints reduces twice.
It was counted that using touch - typing method allows touching 60+ words per minute. People using touch - typing method have much more advantages in comparison with 'hunt - and - peck' typists. Hunt - and - peck typing or so called two - fingered typing is slower than touch - typing, using this method typist required to find each key by sight, instead of relying on memorized position of keys.
It takes from 30 to 40 minutes to type one page of text by 'hunt - and - peck' method and only 5 or even 4 minutes by touch typing method. So it helps to blueprint time more rationally. At same time general culture of labor increases. There is an important rule of touch typing which makes technique of this method easier and distinguishes it form 'hunt-and-peck' method. The less quantity of keys falls at one finger, quicker typing is.
Mastering touch - typing and utilizing it in practice also helps to preserve health. As touch typists don't have to shift gaze from keyboard to screen, so eyes don't get tired and eyesight doesn't damage. Consequently, touch - typists are able to cope with larger scopes of work and get tired less after working day. At last, touch - typing leaves more time for personal life and lets you enjoy your work.
Touch - typing software
How is it possible to master and become familiar with touch typing? There are a great variety of programs, which were specially elaborated to teach touch - typing. Preparing this article I've got acquainted with a stunning number of freeware and read a lot of polar comments about different programs which teach touch typing. I want to share with you information about some programs which are considered to be most effective in teaching touch typing. They received a lot positive feedback both from users and from specialists.
Stamina Typing Tutor 2.5 is a multifunctional typing tutor with support for several layouts: QWERTY (US, UK), AZERTY, Dvorak etc. The intimate details: work with lessons and text (5 modes), a lesson editor, statistics, progress graphs, virtual keyboard (can be hidden), super MP3 sounds and music, a play list, support for several users.
How To Find The Best Foreign Language Courses?Written by Linda Correli
How To Find The Best Foreign Language Courses?
This place is highly qualified language courses with One-to-One teaching by experienced teacher in a relaxed home atmosphere and perfect acquisition of this language is in bag. Nothing of sort. Preliminary, you have to confront with choice of language courses. It is a well-known fact that a variety of foreign language courses is rather broad and bewildering. There are estimated to be more than 1000 language courses in UK. It will be rather difficult to enumerate quantity of such organizations in USA. It can absolutely distract you. As they sprang up like mushrooms and it is very easy to go astray in their diversity, even for most versed teacher.
NB! All of these criteria are based on personal experience, tested in practice and provided with pin - point comments.
Pay special attention to these points when you choose courses to attend.
- The facilities courses have: libraries, study room, computers and special learning language facilities. Remember that technical support of studying is very important as it can make process of language acquisition less laborious, but more enjoyable and can enhance results of your studying and speed up process of mastering language.
- The location of courses. It is clear that you are ready to overcome any obstacles on your way to language acquisition, but you can not but agree with me that it would be more suitable if courses were located somewhere not too far a way from your house or dormitory.
- The size of class. A class size of up to 10 students is small; 10-15 is average and over class which includes 15 students is large. Keep in mind one very significant point when choosing courses. The smaller group is better it is. It can be explained very easily if there are few people in class a teacher can approach to each student individually.
- The levels of abilities classes are divided into and way they are determined. It is important for you to be in class with students who have approximately same level of abilities as you do, because appropriate course of studying is sorted out according to level of language acquisition you acquire. Be sure to write a test which will determine level of your language acquisition and your abilities.
- The quantity of hours of classes per week. At least 15 hours per week are required for a student visa. It is also significant for a kind of program you'll choose. For instance, if you choose intensive course so quantity of hours of classes per week increases twice from quantity of hours required for standard course.
- The time of day classes are held. The prices for morning, afternoon and evening classes usually vary. So if time permits make use of opportunity to pay less for courses and to choose morning or afternoon groups, as fee for these classes is always lower.
- The nationality and age of your classmates. Remember that if proportion of foreign students is more than a half, it is more evidently that studying in such class will present some difficulties for you; hence it'll be better to refuse from such a proposal. The age is also important, because people of different ages perceive information in different ways, quicker or slower, so types of exercises and speed of studying will be different.
- The qualification and experience of teacher. It is not a secret for anyone that approximately 30 percents of academic success depends on teacher, so redouble your vigilance at very first test lesson in courses and make sure that manner of teaching and personality of teacher suit you. If you have any hesitations change to study under different teacher without any doubts.
- The nationality of teacher. Remember that it is better if teacher is a native speaker of language.
- The textbooks and teaching methods which are utilized.