Ephedra Product BanWritten by Anna Henningsgaard
Ephedra is a naturally occuring herbal dietary supplement that has been marketed as a weight loss drug. The principal active ingredient is an amphetamine-like compound. Because it has been marketed as an herbal supplement and not a drug, you may not have considered talking to your doctor about it, but if you have been using Ephedra or any dietary supplement containing ephedrine alkaloids, such as ephedra, ma huang, Sida cordifolia, and pinellia, stop immediately and consult a doctor! The FDA has advised consumers to stop using these dietary supplements and published a final ruling in 2004 to ban sale of all supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids.
After reviewing Ephedra, Food and Drug Administration found that it has little positive effects beyond temporary short-term weight loss. To contrary, Ephedra raises blood pressure and stresses heart. Many people using Ephedra to lose weight have suffered strokes and died. Recent studies have confirmed that Ephedra use raises blood pressure and stresses circulatory system. Furthermore, a study of calls to poison control centers revealed that a disproportionate rate of negative reactions were cased by Ephedra as opposed to other herbal products.
Hypnosis: Benefits You Canít Live WithoutWritten by Teri B. Clark
Hypnosis In The Real World
When you think of hypnosis, do you get image of a Freud-like doctor swinging a pocket watch to and fro in front of someone in deep emotional trouble? If so, you are not alone. However, this Hollywood image of hypnosis is far from true!
You donít have to be a nut to use hypnosis. Ordinary people, those you see every day, use hypnosis for typical problems. Ask yourself following questions:
- Do you have a problem with weight loss?
- Do you find it difficult to quit smoking?
- Do you have other addictions you just canít break?
Then hypnosis is for you!
- Are you lacking in confidence?
- Are you stressed out?
- Are you fearful?
Then hypnosis is for you.
Hypnosis can help you with an unlimited number of personal issues, big or small. If you have a phobia, then hypnosis can help you eliminate it. If you have an addiction, then hypnosis can help you kick habit. If you have a goal, then hypnosis can help you achieve it.
Mental and Physical Benefits of Hypnosis
But that is just tip of iceberg. Even if you donít have a pressing issue, hypnosis has extraordinary benefits Ė both mental and physical. Simply going into a hypnotic state on a regular basis is good for you and hypnotist doesnít even have to suggest anything at all.
Letís take a look at some of benefits that hypnosis offers:
- Hypnosis Induces Deep Breathing: Stop reading for a moment and check your breathing pattern. If you are like most people, you will be breathing in short quick breaths. When you breath in this manner, you feel stressed out and tense. Not only that, fast breathing can make you feel dizzy, irritable, and foggy. After being hypnotized, you will find that you breathe deeper and thus feel more relaxed and calm.
- Hypnosis Reduces Illness: There is no doubt that stress causes physical illness. Stress causes sleep disorders, increases our pain sensitivity, and can even increase our cholesterol. Since hypnosis is a state of deep mental and physical relaxation, being in this state on a regular basis is a way to reduce stress and thus illness.