FACT: Obesity accounts for 300,000 deaths a year in U.S. alone.
Research into how junk food and fast food restaurants affect obesity, have found that there may be a relationship between number of people per fast food restaurant and how many square miles there are between fast food restaurants located within your local area and obesity rates.
The way in which we eat, and what we eat, is of vital importance to our state of health. The convenience and habitual nature of problem mean that fast food consumption is so in-grained, that healthy eating is near impossible.
There are no easy ways to fix junk food habits and make them into healthy habits, but I do have 7 quick strategies that you can easily put into place to start into motion your new lifestyle without junk food. I recommend implementing these one at a time, to ensure that you don't overload and burn yourself out.
1. Do your shopping every week. Make it a regular habit to do your groceries every single week on same day.
2. Make a shopping list on computer with all regular foods that you buy, to ensure that you aren't going to run out of food at end of week, tempting you to reach for fast food pamphlet, running out for take-away or buying unnecessary food items.
3. Don't starve yourself !!!!!!! Eat 6 small meals instead of 3 large ones, snacking on healthy foods such as a fat burning apple, protein packed, metabolism raising light salad with boiled eggs and flaxseed oil dressing.
4. Make food your hobby. Join a cookery class. There are often many community classes that you can enrol in inexpensively to learn how to prepare interesting food.
5. Unplug TV at point. You will be less likely to sit there and watch it aimlessly if you have to make a conscious effort to turn it on. Particularly around 6-8 pm, junk food restaurants will advertise, watch a DVD during these times. A recent review of childhood obesity research, has, not surprisingly found that amount of time you spend watching TV has a direct affect on being overweight.