Have you tried marketing your practice and products through Distance Learning courses? I'm a personal and professional development coach and about half my income comes from distance learning courses I teach. In addition to giving people valuable tools for learning, they bring me droves of clients from all over world, not just US.
Distance learning courses are very popular and a natural way for you to market your other products and services. If you have expertise and like to teach, try this marketing tool. Don't try it if your intent is only to market; it won't work. Here are ten reasons why it works:
1. It gets your name out. Listing your courses on www.teleclass.com or www.blackboard.com will put your name in front of many new people.
2. It helps establish your expertise. If you're good at what you do, it's natural you would start teaching it.
3. Distance learning allows you to reach different demographics for potential clients/consumers. The people who take teleclasses are different from people who take computer courses, yet both may be interested in your services. Some may also just be looking around, and may click through to your website and get interested in something else entirely! They may decide what they really need is coaching, or a home treadmill, or a vacation, or an astrological chart. What's not to like about that?
4. There will be natural ways to promote your other products and services within course itself. How often has someone said to you, "Oh. I didn't know you do that too." In my Emotional Intelligence (EQ) course, it's quite natural for me to recommend assessments (I'm licensed to sell EQ-Map assessment), and opportunity for other courses I offer (on different competencies, such as resilience, intuition and creativity), and tapes and products I sell related to EQ. Once you know EQ, why not buy one of my mugs that says "EQ is better than IQ!" to help spread word?
5. Affiliate opportunities. My students are interested in learning all they can. I'm an affiliate for amazon.com. I recommend books and have link within course. When they buy through my link, I make money. EQ means developing neglected right brain, so I can also recommend "dummies" course in music appreciation, with links provided, and my own "Myths as Metaphor" course.
6. A Closed Loop. There are numerous research studies showing that EQ is best learned through interaction, such as coaching, so it's a natural for serious student to then sign up for EQ coaching to complete and round out their learning experience.