1. Address your targeted audience on your business site. Example: "Welcome Internet Marketers". If you have more than one, address them all.
2. Make sure your content and graphics are relevant to your web site's theme. You wouldn't want to use a bird graphic on a business web site.
3. Alert visitors by email when you add new content to your web site. This will remind people to revisit your web site.
4. Offer a way for visitors to contact you on each web page. List your email address, fax number and phone number.
5. Give people option of viewing your web site offline. Offer it by autoresponder or printer friendly version.
6. Make sure a least 50% of your content is original. The other option is to offer something else original other than content, like software or an online utility.