I recommend that you be very cautious about purchasing anything on internet. Why? The internet is large, new and unprotected in many cases. It is incredibly easy for a fly-by-night schemer to set up shop, defraud some people, then move on without getting caught. And it's often difficult to determine who is good guy and who is bad guy.
Not to mention problems of credit card fraud, privacy invasion and other unseemly attacks on your money and good name. Some of dangers include:
- Your credit card numbers can be stolen by any number of means. These credit cards will then be charged up as high as they will go. You are legally protected from this kind of thing, but you have to report it quick and you will not be able to use disputed amount while it is being investigated.
- Spammers can get hold of your email address and send you undesired advertisements.
- Unauthorized people can get your personal information and use it against you in some way.
- In extreme cases, people may use your social security number (and other numbers) to gain credit in your name. This is called identity theft.
Here are some suggestions to help fight some of these things.
- Make sure you are using a secure link. This is easy to determine, as you will see "https" in site address. Your browser may also display a locked symbol.