Recent events have shocked world and left us feeling exposed and vulnerable. However, we can implement some simple techniques in our daily lives to make ourselves a "Hard Target" for terrorists (and criminals).
Terrorists = Criminals.
These easy steps will frustrate terrorists/criminals and make them seek other prey:
*** Keep a Low Profile ***
- Your dress, conduct and mannerisms should not attract attention.
- Make an effort to blend into local environment. This is especially true when traveling.
- Avoid publicity and don't go out in large groups.
- Stay away from civil disturbances and demonstrations.
*** Be Unpredictable ***
- Vary your route to and from work and time you leave and return home.
- Vary way you dress.
- Don't exercise at same time and place every day, never alone, on deserted streets, or country roads.
- Let people close to you know where you are going, what you'll be doing, and when you should be back.
*** Be Alert ***
- Watch for anything/anyone suspicious or out of place. This includes vehicles, delivery vans, etc. parked in your neighborhood.
- Don't give personal information over telephone, via email, chat rooms, on your website, etc. Don't just throw away periodicals, billing statements, etc. that contain your name, address, account numbers, etc. - shred/destroy address label or page where such information appears.
- If you think you are being followed, go to a pre- selected secure area (local police station, well lighted public place, etc.).