If your debt is becoming difficult to get on top of, here are some questions to ask yourself to help you determine if you need some help managing or consolidating your debt. If you answer yes to any of these questions, you should probably consider applying for a debt consolidation loan or seeking help from a debt management service.
1. Do you borrow from one credit card to pay another?
2. Are you unable to pay down any principal on your loan balances and can you only afford to make minimum monthly payments?
3. Do you make your loan payments on very last possible day that you can get away with making your payment? Are you unable to make your payments even a week ahead of due date?
4. Do you find yourself putting necessities like groceries and gas on a credit card without being able to pay it back by end of month?
5. Are you continually seeking new loans or loan sources in order to keep up with your expenses and bills?
6. Do you have more than 5 credit card payments? Are you paying your debt payments to many different companies every month?
If your income is maxed out with debt or credit card payments every month, it can be very discouraging to work all month and only be able to keep up, or not even quite keep up with your bills and debt. Debt can be manageable and livable if you are making progress with paying down your debt balances.