Mineral makeup may offer new hope for acne sufferers. Because mineral makeup has several unique qualities not offered in any other makeup product that make it ideal for helping cure acne.
To understand how mineral makeup can cure your acne it is necissary to look at seven causes of acne:
1. Genetics. Sadly, nothing can change your genetics. If your parents had acne as teenagers there is a good chance that you will too.
2. Hormones. During adolesence, hormones called androgens become active and stimulate oil glands in your skin, increasing oil production. This, in turn, clogs pores, causing pimples and blackheads.
3. Stress. Although stress doesn't actually cause acne, it can add to problem by affecting hormones.
4. Diet. Many times what you eat has been shown to cause acne. Most of time acne is an adverse reaction your body has to a food allergy.
5. Washing your face too often. This can irritate skin making acne worse.
6. Medications. Many medications can cause acne or make an existing condition worse. Read labels or talk to your paharmacist to find out if acne is a side effect.
7. Using greasy skin care products and oily cosmetics. Most makeup falls into this category.
While these are casuse of acne it is important to remember that acne is ultimately a result of bacteria growing in clogged pores. Bacteria is organic and thus cannot grow or multiply without presence of water. This is where mineral makeup plays an almost magical role in curing acne.