School's out! And summer is a good time to introduce your child to chores in kitchen!
To help you along, here are some things to remember when cooking, especially with kids. Plus a couple of kid-friendly recipes!
1. Keep temperature of hot water below 120 degrees F.
2. Turn handles of pots and pan toward middle of stove to avoid accidental bumps.
3. Wash hands with soap and warm water before cooking or preparing food.
4. Keep hands away from face, hair and pets. If you touch your pet, wash your hands again before preparing food.
5. Tie your long back so it won't get in way!
6. Always use potholders or oven mitts when handling something hot and make sure potholders are not wet.
7. Always pick up a knife by its handle and never try to catch a falling knife.
8. Never put a dirty knife in a sink full of water. When it is ready to be washed, put it where it can be seen.
9. Never pull or tug at an electrical cord. Remove it with your hand on plug.