Complete your wall decor with Decorative PlatesWritten by Johann Erickson
Decorative plates are often overlooked when decorating a home. Yet, it's details that really make elements of a room come together—and decorative plates are a detail present in most rooms. While there are decorative plates that are solely functional in purpose, most have potential to add to ambiance of a room. Think about following wall plate options:
- Cover your decorative plates in wallpaper that matches your wall for an understated elegance. You can also use this method to hide outlets on walls that display art.
- Wood decorative plates are perfect for a room with a country or colonial flair.
- Metal decorative plates come in a variety of textures and materials. Metal wall plates enhance contemporary, Victorian, and rustic decor.
- Porcelain decorative plates complement shabby chic, bathrooms, and some Victorian design.
- Mirror decorative plates can be used on mirrors, mirrored walls, or even as an eclectic detail in a uniquely decorated room.
Sun Catchers add brightness to your patioWritten by Johann Erickson
Sun catchers add sparkle and beauty to any room in your home. Far beyond paint-n-bake sun catchers of childhood, sun catchers come in a huge variety of styles that dazzle eye.
The most common window-hanging style bring charm and flair to any room. Choose a color and pattern that complements your decor. Window-hanging sun catchers can be focal point of a room, or a finishing detail. Whichever you choose, you'll be delighted with beauty sun catchers add to your decor.
Wind chime style and dangling sun catchers are also great additions to a room. Hang small crystal sun catchers from center of a valance, or from a chandelier or lamp to add light and sparkle. Dangling sun catchers are beautiful on patios and sun rooms where they really capture light. Place a sun catcher in a garden shed window where it can be seen from outside.
Sun catchers are also a great way to express your own personality or reflect your favorite hobby. celestial, lighthouse, butterfly, and floral sun catchers are just a few of unique styles available. Custom sun catchers, including ones based on your own photographs or family crest, are also a great choice for adding a personal touch to your home.