From my Encyclopedia:
“NASA to study man who survives on liquids and sunlight
June 30 2003
An Indian man, who claims to have survived only on liquids and sunlight for eight years, has been invited by NASA to show them how he does it. Hira Ratan Manek - also known as Hirachand - a 64-year-old mechanical engineer who lives in southern state of Kerala, apparently started disliking food in 1992, Hindustan Times newspaper reported. In 1995, he went on a pilgrimage to Himalayas and stopped eating completely on his return.
His wife, Vimla, said: ‘Every evening he looks at sun for one hour without batting an eyelid. It is his main food. Occasionally he takes coffee, tea or some other liquid.’
Last June, scientists from US space agency verified that Manek spent 130 days surviving only on water, report said.
They even named this subsistence on water and solar energy after him: The HRM (Hira Ratan Manek) Phenomenon. Mr Manek is now in US to show NASA's scientists how he survives without food. The US space agency hopes to use technique to solve food storage and preservation problems on its expeditions, report said.
Mr Manek said he "eats through his eyes" in evening, when sun's ultraviolet rays are least harmful. He and his wife claim technique is totally scientific. However, doctors warn that staring at sun can make you blind.
His wife said: ‘He has a special taste for sun energy. He believes only 5 per cent of human brain cells are used by most people. The other 95 per cent can be activated through solar energy.’ This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/06/29/...825280652.html”
BIO-RAM, OAK RIDGES: - In April, 2000 issue of Scientific American that highlighted 'Quantum Teleporting' there was a brief report on discovery from 1999 at Oak Ridges National Laboratory (key to Atomic Bomb research and Black Ops or secret programs) of a biological part of future computers.
The chlorophyll receptors of spinach have been used to make part of a computer chip. The report went on to say in three years they will have a complete circuit and self-powered