Copyright 2005 Ronald Gibson
Having a website is great but, if site doesn't have any traffic, then what good is it really doing for you? Here are some features that you can add to your site to generate more traffic and more stickiness for your site.
1. You should add a blog to your website. Blogs are a fast and easy way to add content to your site. Why is that important? Search engines love content. A frequently updated blog will attract search engine spiders and will get your site indexed quickly. You should try to post blog entries at least a couple of times per day.
2. Add a message board to your web site. This helps your site to develop its own little community. People will visit your web site to ask questions and answer other people's questions.
3. Add a directory of web site links to your web site. People will visit your web site to find related web site links for topic they're interested in. As an added bonus, links are also content for search engine spiders.
4. Add an article section to your web site. People will visit your web site to read and learn new info related to their interests. And this also will provide content for search engines.
5. Add an archive of past e-zine issues to your web site. People will visit your web site to read past issues of your e-zine that they've missed.