A lot of website owners work tirelessly at increasing their traffic. They submit to FFA pages and classified sites. They participate in startup programs and pop under exchanges. There is no end to gimmicks they will try, all in hopes that they’ll get more customers.
If you’re one of these website owners, there is an easier way to increase your sales! By improving your conversion rate you’ll be able to make more money from visitors you’re already getting. What is a conversion rate you ask? Well, quite simply, it’s percentage of visitors that you’re converting into customers. Most websites have a conversion rate of 1% - 2% on average. That means that out of 100 visitors only 1 - 2 are turned into customers. You can see benefit of increasing that number. If you can get a conversion rate of 3% you’re now making more sales without having to do any extra work or spend any more money to get traffic.
So how do you improve your conversion rate? Here are 11 steps you can take right now…
1. Make sure traffic visiting your site is targeted and looking to buy. The key point here is “looking to buy”. There are a lot of services that offer targeted traffic but visitors have no intention of buying. If person isn’t interested in purchasing then you’re wasting time and money showing them your ad.
2. Make sure that when people land at your website from an ad there is a correlation. Far too often people click on an ad that is discussing one topic and are taken to home page of company. Instead of taking time to search for information they read about in ad, they leave. Avoid this problem by sending people to a specific page within your site that discusses same products you mentioned in your ad – if such a page doesn’t exist then create a mini-site.
3. Have a professionally designed site and copy that is written to sell. A good sales letter includes benefits for user (not just a features list), testimonials and action statements that encourage reader to take next step.
4. Offer more value. With each product offer free eBooks, reports, consulting, or whatever else your visitors would find valuable - These items don’t cost you anything and there is a perceived value that can encourage someone who’s on fence to take leap and buy.
5. Offer a free trial or money back guarantee. People are naturally sceptical, especially on Internet where they can’t see a live person and decide for themselves whether they’re trustworthy. A great way to encourage them to trust you is by showing them that you believe in your product so much that you’re willing to let them try it free – or that you’ll give them a full refund if they’re not satisfied.
6. Do everything possible to get visitors name and email address so you can follow-up. Do this by offering a great newsletter, a special report, an autoresponder series, a free eBook, a giveaway/contest, a free tool. There are endless ways to get people to give their contact information – play around with different offers on your site to see what works.