It's very common to see a banner at top of most webpages. Usually, they are 468X60 in size, which is most popular format for banner advertising. But instead of pasting just one banner at top of your page, how would you like to put eight or twelve in that spot? Incredible, you say? It can be done with what's known as a banner rotation script or service. Every time someone loads your webpage containing code, they'll see a different banner appear in exactly same spot.
There several advantages to rotating banners:
1) It allows pages they're displayed on to "look different" every time someone loads a page, giving your site a more "fresh" appearance.
2) You can display a variety of baners without adding more bandwidth to your pages or taking up their precious real estate.
3) If you participate in a variety of Affiliate Programs where you make a commision on sales, now you can rotate those banners they give you and possibly make more money at same time.
4) It's a known fact that after someone views same banner over and over they'll become immune to it, thereby reducing click thru rates. With rotation, they're always fresh.
5) If you want to sell banner advertising on your site you'll need some sort of banner rotation script to track click thrus and impressions for your clients.
The advantages are clear, so where do you go to get a script like this? There are a number of websites that offer them for free. All you need to do is download them and tweak a few lines of CGI Code. Try some of these more popular sites:
Free Scripts http://www.freescripts.com/scripts/