Too often people write off break-ups as just another page to turn in book of life. There is some truth in that, but break-ups should be taken a bit more seriously. After all, this is end of a relationship. And this loss can be as painful as losing a loved one in death. To heal it takes time, self-care, and conscious processing of your emotions. It is vital that you allow this healing process to occur, and take advantage of situation to treat yourself with gentleness and nurturing.
Here are some other things to keep in mind during this transformative time:
· Avoid any big decisions.
· Go into pain and feelings. There is no way out but to get through it...and you will!
· Take long aromatherapy baths with appropriate holistic blends. See recipes below.
· Cry when you need to. Don't let others tell you to just get over it.
· Be VERY selfish.
· Surround yourself with positive and happy people.
· Dare to ask for a lot of hugs.
· Get a dog or cat, or cuddle with ones you have.
· Write really awful, bitchy, letters to your ex. Write everything you would love to say. Burn them in sink. Run water to make it go away.
· Love yourself. Look in mirror as often as you can and say wonderful things about yourself aloud.
· Write your way through feelings.
· Connect with other people who understand and can relate: friends, counselors, message boards on websites, etc.
· Have a healthy lifestyle: eat well, exercise (at least get some fresh air on beach, at park, etc.).
· Nourish your soul with beauty: watch movies, read poetry, go to museums.
· Stay alone and appreciate tranquility of your aloneness.
There's no rule for how long pain of a heartbreak will last. It may take weeks, months or even years. But using following special aromatherapy blend and ritual will soothe your heart, nurture your wounded soul, and envelop you in comfort. I recommend following this bath ritual every night until you feel pain has faded.