That's question my big shot internet multi-millionaire mentor asked me this morning. Are you learning to sell?
No chit-chat. No how's wife, son, weather. No interest in my health. This cat has zero interest in anything but my sales.
I Love That! If you're in business you have one object. Make that sale! During your business day - Everything you do must help you make that sale.
Yeah, you do have to build relationships with clients. You must behave with integrity. You Should under promise. And Over deliver. You must follow up. Stay in contact, etc.
But you can do those things after you make that sale.
During selling process you concentrate on making sale. Focus on *that* sale. Sell like your business depends on *this* one sale. It does, you know. You get'em one at a time.
You go through selling process. Like this --
1) Build rapport. Ask questions then Shut The Hell Up & Listen.
2) Qualify your suspect. Keep asking Questions, Shut Up The Hell Up & Listen.
3) Create desire for your product. Find their problems & *prove* that your product/service is their best solution.
4) Build value in yourself & your business organization
5) Ask for sale. In other words, close. Example: Do you want to put this on your credit card, or do you prefer writing a check? Then Shut The Hell Up!
6) Handle objections if necessary. Smile & re-state *Their* favorite solution to *Their* problem. (Your product/ service's benefits, of course) Ask them to agree you've clearly answered their concerns.
7) Again ask for sale. Example: Let's take care of this now so you can start enjoying...benefits/ solutions, etc. Then Shut The ____________!