In last article, we reviewed 15 ways to kick your sales into high gear. This article covers another 15 FREE and almost FREE techniques to do same. Use all 30 effective techniques and watch your sales skyrocket!
16. Offer a discounted product. Discounted products attract tons of traffic. Take one of your best selling products and slash price as low as you can and still make a small profit. Your smaller profit will be offset with a larger volume of sales. Even if you don't make a lot of money on this one off promotion, you introduce more people to your products and services and can contact them later to make more profitable sales.
17. Give your product away! Although it sounds crazy at first, it makes a lot of sense. The best example of this technique is used in software industry. Adobe Acrobat Reader, Win Zip, and Group Mail all give away a free version of their software. After you have used product and have a good feel for 'inner workings,' you probably want to upgrade to a more deluxe version. Your upgrade is where company makes money.
18. Re-mail. Send your list a second chance offer by re-mailing them. Statistics show that your same offer that you mail today, will achieve approximately 70% of its original success on second mailing. Remember, it takes an average of seven impressions before your prospects actually make a purchase.
19. Numbers and bullets. Make a list of features and benefits and list this in your sales literature. It is much quicker for a prospect to scan a list that is numbered or listed with bullet points, than it is to read a paragraph of text.
20. Promotion warning. Give your customers an advanced warning about upcoming promotions. This creates a demand for your promotion even before it is released. You also create a feeling of goodwill from your customers because you have shown them that they are important.
21. Ask for referrals. The best type of advertising is word of mouth. Place a referral form on your site where customers can give you their friend's names and email addresses. In return, you will give your customer a special bonus and send an email to their friends on their behalf. The email you send must include a very special offer and refer to customer that gave you contact.
22. Rename things. Give standard items a new name and prospects will respond. If you ask a prospect to subscribe to your online magazine, or digital magazine, your subscriber rate will increase faster than referring to your publication as an ezine.