Advantages and disadvantages of having a reseller accountWritten by Staff, WebsiteSource.com
Advantages and disadvantages of having a reseller account
- You can have more flexibility with your web hosting accounts.
- You can save money.
- You can earn more revenue at little cost to yourself.
- You can focus on customer support and leave technical support to your web host.
- Your web host, not you, absorbs server maintenance costs.
What is a web host reseller account?Written by Staff, WebsiteSource.com
What is a web host reseller account?
You’re webmaster of more than one website. You design websites for clients. Your business needs more than one site. Is a web host reseller account for you?
A web host reseller account is a web hosting account that allows you to create hosting packages to sell to your clients. You can also host multiple sites of your own using disk space allotted to one hosting account.
Typical features of web host reseller accounts:
- They come with a reseller-level control panel that allows you to create your own packages.
- You can allocate disk space and bandwidth to each site on account and change space and bandwidth specifications if site’s needs change.
- Most reseller accounts provide option for private nameservers (also called private label, personalized nameservers, or virtual nameservers). For example, if your reseller account is with SomeName Hosting and your company name is ExampleName Services, your clients will enter ns1.examplename.com and ns2.examplename.com for nameservers for their domains.