1. Make an Alphabet Book Make your own alphabet book with your kids. You can purchase a blank paper book at an educational supply store or you can make one with construction paper and a three-hole punch. Help your child make a page with each letter. You can have him write letter or find letter in an old magazine and cut it out. Cut out pictures from an old coloring book or magazine that has words that start with letter on page.
2. Play ABC game whenever you drive somewhere This is an easy and fun way to teach your child alphabet. Whenever you drive anywhere play ABC game. Have your child find letter A on billboards, or license plates, or signs. Start with letter A and then look for letter b, c, etc. Once you finish alphabet you can play again.
3. Sing Alphabet Song Children love to sing and what better song to sing than Alphabet Song. Start your day off with a song or two and be sure to include ABC song.
4. Play Alphabet Memory Game You can purchase flashcards of alphabet or make your own with card stock paper or construction paper. Have your child match capital letter A to lowercase letter a. Or you can start with letters that are all lowercase or all capital. Each time your child matches letters have him tell you what letter it is.
5. Make Alphabet Cookies What child doesn’t love cookies? Get alphabet cookie cutters or use frosting to write letter on each cookie. Have your child tell you which letter he wants to eat!
6. Make an Alphabet Photo collage Purchase disposable cameras for your child. Take a trip outside, to park, zoo, or wherever. Spend your time looking for pictures of words that start with letter A or B, or whichever letter you choose. When you get photos developed let your child cut them out and glue them onto a collage. Have your child write or trace letter for your photo collage onto construction paper and glue photos around. Children love taking pictures and this is a lot of fun.